Director of Financial Reporting- SEC
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Date Posted: January 24, 2013
Vaco is seerking a Director of Financial Reporting. The Director of Financial Reporting will report to the Chief Accounting Officer. The individual will need to be an experienced Finance professional with proven technical skills in accounting and reporting, and with the ability to work across constituencies and develop policies and procedures which align to enterprise-wide business strategies. The position will oversee technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards. The Director of Financial Reporting also supports and assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures.
Position Responsibilities for the Director of Financial Reporting
- Coordinates, directs, plans and executes the financial reporting component of the external audit
- Conducts, supports and assists with the internal audit function and the initial implementation and ongoing internal control compliance requirements
- Leads all financial research efforts. Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC, FASB and eventual IFRS and prepare memorandums regarding the Company's position and impact on the Company.
- Writes, implements and ensures effective and practical implementation of corporate policies.
- Assists in recruiting, training and evaluating staff; assists in developing and implementing continued training for professional accounting associates.
- Liaison with finance department, internal legal counsel and external independent auditors.
- Create and implement reporting strategy for all financial and operational reporting
- Support any acquisition/divestiture reporting requirements
- Participate in or perform ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Responsible for the development and production of Board level and all external financial reporting
- Supervise staff of 2-3 individuals