Location: Austin, Texas
Date Posted: March 12, 2013
Vaco is hiring a Solution Architect that will serve as a senior consultative resource to multiple strategic accounts. In this role you will create and articulate captivating customer-specific solutions. Your goal is to become a trusted advisor and thought leader to enterprise CTOs, CIOs, VPs of Infrastructure and applications, enterprise architects and IT strategists.
In this role you will provide critical perspective and guidance on strategy, investments and innovation drawing upon your breadth and depth of technical and business impact knowledge. This position reports into the strategic account team. The
The objectives are to accelerate growth in adoption of product use, spread best practice and elevate strategic mindshare. Measurement of performance to the objectives will be provided primarily by customer satisfaction, expansion of product, and commitment to renewal of annual licensing.
The customer architects, CIO/CTO, account teams, and sales and service management are fundamental relationships must be established to be able to function in this role.
You will augment and assist a strategic account and sales team, accordingly experience as a technical leader is a requirement. Sales acumen, IT industry experience, and previous technical account management roles are all critical requirements. You should already have established high level customer relationships and is comfortable working at the CTO level.
- Ability to see and present the big picture in IT and offer solutions for improvement
- A thought leader in the application of ITIL principles
- Strong understanding of competitive technologies, competitor positioning, counter-arguments An understanding of the financial and technical challenges faced with running a modern data center
- and emerging technologies that could be both cooperative and competitive
- 5+ years recent experience with data center IT architecture design, including enterprise applications, security, systems management, business continuity solutions
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of project & risk management, business finance and strategic account planning
- Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills - Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time, including international if necessary
- Charismatic personality