Location: Columbus, Ohio
Date Posted: March 14, 2013
We are seeking an experienced DW developer.
Significant knowledge of retail data (suppliers, products, promotions, coupons, specials, discounts, inventory, credit, etc.) will allow the candidate to come up to speed more quickly.
The job is a 12 week contract for hire position.
- 2 years of MicroStrategy 9 Report Development and Designing experience. Preferably building reports running against Teradata Database. Also requires understanding and setting up of MicroStrategy Narrow Cast and/or Distribution services for automated distribution of canned reports.
- 2 years experience designing, building and deploying solutions in a Teradata based Data Warehouse environment using Teradata utilities; SQL, mload, bteq, fastexport, XML import & transformations
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
If Degreed, preferred Major: MIS or Computer Science
Core Job Responsibilities:
The DW developer will be assigned to both project and support requests.
- Teradata 12 or 13
- Teradata utilities (SQL, mload, bteq, fastexport, XML import & transformations)
- MicroStrategy 9
The vast majority of requests require working with members from:
- Business units (requestors)
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- Development team members
- Infrastructure team members
- QA test and deployment team members
The DW Developer will be responsible for:
- reviewing project requirements
- documenting and presenting design solutions
- constructing solutions
- unit and integration testing of solutions
- certification and user acceptance testing of solutions
- deploying solutions to production
- providing support for solutions
Work Experience Desired:
- 2 years experience designing, building and deploying solutions in a Teradata based Data Warehouse environment using Teradata utilities; SQL, mload, bteq, fastexport, XML import & transformations and MicroStrategy
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Outstanding verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate equally effectively with business and technical team members
- Excellent team skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- Must be self motivated working with a sense of urgency
- Experience working with a project manager to formulate and use project plans and associated documents
- Experience with retail data (suppliers, products, promotions, coupons, specials, discounts, inventory, etc.) preferred but not required
- Experience with Microsoft C, C++, C#, .Net, and VBScript preferred but not required