The Sr. FP&A Analyst will be accountable for financial and operational reporting, analysis, forecasting, and planning. This role is a high visibility position with exposure to the Executive Management team and directly supports the Business Unit leader. Responsible for developing partnerships with key business leaders to generate standard reporting, evaluate variances, create commentary, identify business trends, and drive improved results.
- Manage monthly performance reporting process.
- Consolidate monthly financials and prepare site and regional P&L roll ups.
- Work with key internal customers to continue to improve functionality and reporting outputs.
- Drive efficiencies and automation to improve timeliness of reporting and increase opportunity for data analysis.
- Work w/ stakeholders on gap recovery actions
- Effectively present and communicate results during monthly executive reviews
-Lead yearly plan, strategic plan, and quarterly forecast process for the business unit
- Coordinate w/ stakeholders and customers to develop bottoms up plan
- Evaluate variances to prior year actuals and forecasts
- Identify potential risks and remediation achieving plan/forecast
Work cross-functionally to create and distribute reports identifying the costs, noting variances from Plan/Forecast/Prior Year.
Support IT systems changes and enhancements to business intelligence tools
Identify continuous improvement and efficiency opportunities with current reporting process
Manage and track incentive programs
Performs specialized financial or cost analysis (ie: cash flow analysis), prepares related reports (ie: pro-forma financial statements) and other ad hoc requests
Provide consultative support the business through analysis of data and recommend margin expansion opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent must:
1. Possess a Bachelor's degree in finance related field.
2. Have a minimum of 5 -7 years' experience in product margin analysis in high volume operations and general ledger, financial warehouses, and forecasting/reporting tools
3. Expert in Excel. Significant experience with PowerPoint. SQL/Access experience helpful.
4. Experience analyzing functional costs, reconciling to G/L by account, cost center, etc.
5. Experience w/ Financial data warehouses and forecasting/reporting tools, also general ledgers
6. Must be comfortable presenting and explaining results in front of Sr Management
7. Experience leading significant cross-functional process change.
8. Must have ability to work very independently, with vision and experience to translate high level direction to specific actions, with strong ability to work cross-functionally in a persuasive way, and ability to prioritize competing demands on his time