Web Operations Administrator
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Date Posted: June 25, 2013
The Web Operations Administrator is experienced on web-based development and operating systems, databases, and security considerations. He/She provides operational support of web-based infrastructures. He/She is responsible for coordinating with various vendors to support the web content development, along with internal web corporate teams. He/She is responsible for administering, designing, maintaining, monitoring, and documenting web applications and web-based infrastructures. Administrator is responsible for maintaining knowledge of evolving technology and best practices and incorporating them into the infrastructure as appropriate.
- 3 or more years operational support experience
- Minimum 3-5 years PHP experience including Object-oriented development
- Minimum 3-5 years MySQL experience, DBA activities a plus.
- PCI DSS compliance, specifically with Qualys
- OWASP security best practices
- Advanced mod_security, PHP
- Drupal CMS experience,
- Experience with distributed source revision system (like GIT)
- LAMP stack knowledge
Essential Functions of
- Provide technical support in web operations and infrastructure related components that include operational methods to support business needs and security requirements.
- Establish and maintain various methodologies within area of responsibility in support of industry "best practices" and information technology professional standards.
- Assist IS staff and business units regarding web best practices. With continual monitoring and consideration for open source tools is strongly encouraged.
- collaborate with web operations administrators on workload management
- Interact with internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure that quality and performance of web websites and operational processes are consistently high and meeting or exceeding stated expectations.
- Monitor and enforce operational processes and standards including but not limited to design, construction, unit, integration and system testing, implementation, and documentation (technical and user). Ensure that activities adhere to all company, I.S. and security administrative policies and procedures including PCI DSS compliance and OWASP best practices.
- Perform all activities related to support; accomplishing project and production schedules as defined by the Web Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all problems/issues and risks related to projects, are resolved in a timely manner and if required, escalate to management for resolution.
- Interface with all levels of management and staff throughout the department and company to provide timely and appropriate response to user requirements.
- Investigate new technologies and make recommendations for acquisition, training and deployment as business and technology needs warrant.
- Perform extremely complex research assignments.