Senior Staff Accountant
Industry: Manufacturing and Production
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Date Posted: February 18, 2014
A privately held company on the east side of Columbus, that is continually growing has an immediate need for a Senior Staff Accountant.
JOB FUNCTION FOR SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
1. The Senior Staff Accountant position is responsible for performing general accounting activities, including analyzing financial information, preparing financial reports for both internal and external parties, preparing budgets, preparing account reconciliations and actively participating in specific projects.
1. Reporting and interpreting results of operations on a timely basis to all levels of management.
2. Prepare internal/external financial statements/schedules.
3. Assist with monthly close procedures, including:
o Preparing standard and general journal entries
o Monitoring monthly and year-to-date activity versus budget
o Performing fluctuation analysis and inquiring of any variances
4. Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliation of particular balance sheet accounts.
5. Provide audit assistance during year-end, including, pulling records, performing research, and answering inquiries.
6. Perform research on general accounting topics and suggest possible solutions.
7. Interact with other departments; respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
8. Prepare budgets for assigned departments, work with department heads to obtain input and final approval.
9. Develop and maintain presentation quality templates, including presentation templates, as needed in the annual budgeting process.
10. Understanding the company's various systems, including JD Edwards and other internally developed systems, and assist with inquiries and data extraction from the systems.
11. Assist or lead projects supporting all areas of Finance/Accounting and Operations, as needed.
12. Perform ad-hoc financial analysis, as needed.
13. Perform other duties as directed.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
2. 2-3 years experience in public accounting or 5-6 years experience in a comparable position.
3. Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
4. Experience preparing external financial statements, including related notes.
5. Experience with JD Edwards.
6. Experience with Business Objects.
7. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
8. Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
9. Professional oral and written interpersonal communication.