Senior G/L Accountant
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Date Posted: April 21, 2013
Senior Staff Accountant position reporting to the Assistant Controller of a large technology firm. This individual will be responsible for monthly general ledger account reconciliations, assisting with cash activity reporting, assisting with month end close, assisting with fixed asset and inventory reporting, and will participate in the upgrade of the ERP system.
- Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations
- Assist with inventory accounting and maintaining the inventory sub-ledger
- Assist with WIP, fixed asset accounting and monthly close process.
- Provide assistance as needed to download daily banking activity, obtain bank statements, obtain copies of cancelled checks, reconcile bank accounts monthly, and other cash related duties as assigned.
- Participate in improving processes and procedures. Work with the internal control group to update process controls. Assist with external audits as needed.
- Become proficient in all modules of accounting system in order to provide assistance to other department members and to assist with upgrades to the system.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS or BA degree in accounting required
- 5+ years of staff accounting experience
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel Products
- Ability to think strategically, prepare and present complex data in a simple, understandable manner and have strong written, verbal communication and listening skills
- Executes all duties completely with professionalism and a high level of business ethics
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment and has the ability to work with individuals from all business areas
- Utilizes excellent time management, problem solving decision-making and strong organizational skills
- Experience with Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics a big plus
- Experience with Essbase a plus