Financial Reporting Manager
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Date Posted: June 21, 2013
A publicly traded, fully integrated and internally managed real estate investment trust (REIT) specializing in single-family properties needs a strategic, energetic, forward thinking SEC Reporting Manager for its Scottsdale Headquarters. This position reports to the Director of Financial Reporting and has extensive visibility to the CFO.
- Prepare SEC Reporting documents(10-Ks, 10-Qs, Proxy, etc)
- Frame the business: work with Director and CFO to determine how to best present assets, level of detail, analysis, etc
- Develop internal reporting
- Supervise 2 Analysts
- Lead initial SOX implementation
- Responsible for review and approval of material revenue transactions.
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and the FASB to determine the impact on the company.
- Create accounting position papers involving accounting treatment for company financial transactions and present position to management and external auditors.
- Provide information and support to the business to ensure GAAP requirements are met globally.
- Review contract proposals and provide collaborative feedback regarding accounting treatment and business and operational issues.
- Manage ad hoc projects and prepare responses to various requests for information.
- Responsible for purchase accounting associated with M&A activity and related implementation and integration activities, including fair value assessments.
- 5-10 years of experience.
- Big 4 required and corporate SEC reporting experience preferred.
- Must have SEC experience in public and/or industry.
- Accounting degree/CPA.