SQL Database Administrator/Developer
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Date Posted: August 20, 2013
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager as a contract-to-hire position, the SQL Server ETL Developer position requires data analysis skills and is responsible for development activities, including reviewing requirements, creating original designs and authoring original ETL solutions, creating and/or modifying systems code and functionality, testing, and debugging procedures and packages. The SQL Server ETL Developer consults with users to identify current functional and technical requirements, and to clarify project objectives. The Developer is also responsible for writing design and technical documentation to describe custom configurations and operating procedures. The SQL Server ETL Developer will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, with other duties may be assigned as required.
- ETL and SSIS development
- Installation and configuration of MS SQL server 2005 and 2008
- Capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and optimization of SQL Server database systems
- Coding, testing, debugging and tuning of TSQL stored procedures
- Management of transactional replication infrastructure
- Operation, planning and design of multiple enterprise SQL servers, including SAN based SQL clusters.
- Suggest improvements for operating policies, technical architecture and configuration of SQL Server systems and related applications
- Documentation of SQL environment and operations
- Perform complete testing of solutions, unit and system, engaging users as necessary.
Support all user acceptances testing (UAT/ATP).
- Participate in project management, status, and technical discussions and reporting activities.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in administration and support of production SQL databases in 24x7 mission critical environment
- Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008
- Exceptional ETL skills
- Strong SSIS experience
- Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Transaction Replication
- Excellent table partitioning skills
- Demonstrated experience in database capacity planning, performance tuning and optimization
- Strong experience with stored procedure development.
- Knowledge of SQL server subsystems, including SAN, memory, etc.
- MS Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Knowledge of Internet protocols, Microsoft IIS
- Datawarehousing and BI experience