Junior Java Developer
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Date Posted: March 19, 2013
Junior Java Developer
The Junior Java Developer position will become a member of the Application Development team. In this role, the Junior Java Developer will be working with developers, business analysts, client SMEs, and other project team members. He/she will participate in development of the project's application throughout its lifecycle including new development and resolution of system defects.
Specific responsibilities of the Junior Java Developer are as follows:
· Perform analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents.
· Define detailed technical designs to support business requirements.
· Build and test application components.
· Participate in detailed design and code reviews.
· Create unit test plans which detail test conditions and expected results.
· Work with business analysts to understand programming requirements for application fixes.
· Resolve defects encountered during various testing cycles.
· Perform configuration management activities.
· Update detailed designs and code to support fixes to application problems.
· Adhere to all coding standards and procedures.
The Junior Java Developer will work in a team of technical and functional experts and will report to the application development team lead. Major skills to be applied during the role include Object Oriented Design using UML, Java programming, HTML, SQL, and utilization of testing tools/skills throughout the lifecycle of the application. More advanced skills that may be used by the Junior Java Developer include programming with J2EE, JDBC, JSPs, Servlets, and PL/SQL stored procedures. Software packages that may be used include WebSphere, Eclipse, XMLSpy, SubVersion, and BIRT.
Basic Qualifications of the Junior Java Developer
· Knowledge of Java programming language
· Experience with HTML
· Basic knowledge of web and Internet concepts such as HTTP
· OOP Design Concepts
· Understanding of application testing concepts and the application development lifecycle
· Good communication skills, ability to translate technical concepts in clear language to less technical team members
VACO provides a fresh approach to job placement for accounting & finance, technology, graphic design & media, and operations & human resource professionals looking for full-time or interim positions. We do things differently at VACO, and the industry is taking notice that we treat you as the true professional that you are. Jump on board with VACO!