Senior Data Analyst
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Date Posted: March 13, 2013
Vaco Technology's client is seeking a highly skilled Senior Data Analyst. Project will last at least twelve months.
Vaco is unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Experienced Senior Data Analyst. This position performs ad-hoc analysis and develops standard reports in connection with other team members. The individual in this position will create queries and programs which support a wide variety of analytic and product development efforts in an environment of changing priorities. This position will also work closely with the data warehouse team in creating validation routines, scrubbing logic and summary table creation. Responsible for overseeing extract production to downstream venders and receiving and processing incoming extract data.
The role will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Planning, coordination, execution, and tracking of Functional, Regression and Performance Testing for a large Federal data warehouse and related software tools.
- Introduce and enforce quality standards and testing methodology.
- Analyze business requirements and other project related documents to create test strategies and test plans.
- Execute test cases to requirements mapping; Isolate defects and write concise, accurate bug reports.
- Perform tests to the application for validity of results, accuracy and reliability.
- Continue to suggest improvements to our current QA practices and work within the established QA practices.
- Work with the business analysts, and developers and user acceptance team members as required.
- Design and create test data sets, and write SQL scripts to test backend technical/integration functionality.
- Review database tables in Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Execute system, regression, integration, performance and other additional tests as needed.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Ensure compliance with recognized standards and practices.
- Review all documentation for completeness, accuracy, and correctness.
- Prepare test plans, traceability matrix, verifying system security and coding procedures.
- Support test and integration personnel as a witness to testing requirements; and troubleshoots or liaises with the developers for resolving technical problems; makes recommendations to improve overall quality.
- Certify that deliverables have met all quality requirements.
- Oversees the current production environment and deployments in production.
- Manages biweekly data loading.
- Provides help desk support (ticket creation and follow-through).
- Monitors system performance (communicate system outages with the team and system performance with PMO operations).
- Works closely with PMO operations team to ensure system availability, minimize risk and security vulnerabilities in the production environment.
- Provides and maintains team member system access requests to NBC and coordinates password reset of generic user accounts.
- NBC and coordinates password reset of generic user accounts.
- Attends status meetings and other technical meetings to provide operations status or other input as needed.
- 4-6 years experience in QA Testing and/or related degree. Minimum of 3 years data warehousing experience, ETL experience is a must.
- Strong, end-to-end understanding and experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and processes for software testing / quality assurance guidelines.
- PeopleSoft technical experience desired, including the use of:
- Application Designer
- Integration Broker
- Application Engine
- Component Interfaces
- History of successful analysis, metrics, risk / cost / change management skills.
- Strong knowledge of systems development and testing best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with data warehouse applications.
- Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc query programs and automated testing tools.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven data analysis, data verification and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, listening, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Keen attention to detail and follow through.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong problem solving and innovative capabilities and the ability to visualize and communicate solutions.
- Ability to take little direction and achieve quality results independently.
- Supervision is minimal but high standards are maintained.
- Work well as part of a team.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively.
- History of ethical performance.
- US Citizenship required.
- Testing ETL sessions and PL/SQL scripts in data warehouse applications.
- Full lifecycle design, development in Oracle database and/or dimensional data modeling, data dictionary and meta data repository.
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Analytical Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork & Commitment
- Experience with Federal government HR systems.
- Security clearance desired.
*Holiday pay after completion of 1,000 regular project hours
*40 hours vacation pay for every 1,000 regular hours worked
*Long Term Disability
Do you know someone who is the right fit?
Call today and learn more about our referral program.
We are unable to sponsor H1 status at this time.