Banking Branch Manager
Location: San Diego, California
Date Posted: August 15, 2013
Downtown San Diego, CA
The Branch Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of the branch through excellent Sales, Business Development, Customer Service, Branch Operations and Management of staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales, Business Development & Customer Service
- Responsible for checking account and deposit growth, business development, lowering cost of funds, meeting branch sales goals, and cross-selling clients.
- Sell all products; monitor the efforts of the sales staff. Refer customers to Relationship Managers, Investment Services and Trust Officers according to their needs.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers to ensure repeat and referral business.
- Ensure all branch staff provides highest level of service to current and prospective customers.
- Establish a Total Banking Relationship (both business and personal) by cross-selling: direct deposit, internet banking, overdraft protection, multiple deposit products, Investment and Trust Services.
- Manage ATM and kiosk ATM installation and implementation as needed
- Travel as necessary to attend meetings, training sessions, client events, etc.
- Audit input and maintenance of all branch transactions according to branch policies and procedures.
- Ensure branch balances daily.
- Work with Compliance department to ensure compliance with bank's policies and procedures.
- Participate in weekly Asset/Liability meetings.
- Work with the Marketing department to ensure successful advertisement and implementation of new and existing bank products.
- Work with Risk Management, Facilities and Deposit Operations to ensure the safety and security of branch premises, property and assets (including cash on hand, ATM machines, alarms, etc.) and to implement loss prevention measures.
- Work with Facilities and Human Resources to provide a safe and healthy work environment (i.e., equip branch with first aid items, ergonomic support, Workers' Compensation and Employee Assistance Program referrals, etc.).
- Ensure all Federal and State compliance bulletins/posters are up-to-date and maintained so that employees have easy access to the information.
- Responsible for managing the P & L of the branch.
- Hire/fire responsibility: ensure optimum staffing.
- Responsible for performance management of staff: train, motivate and evaluate staff.
- Provide job descriptions to all staff members, review branch compensation plan on an annual basis, provide guidance and coaching to staff as needed, approve bonus payments and other compensation actions.
- Work with Retail Admin Assistant to ensure Saturday staffing needs are met and to provide alternate staff when other branch coverage is low.
- Ensure teamwork, cooperation and respect among branch staff.
Ideal candidate should have:
- 3-5 years of branch banking and business development experience.
- Ability to manage and coach staff.
- Excellent customer service qualities.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative and ownership.
- Understanding of investment products.