Location: San Diego, California
Date Posted: March 15, 2013
- 4-8 years experience implementing new technologies, converting technologies, and technology management including Operating systems (Unix and Linux), application servers (Jboss, Websphere, Tomcat, Weblogic); databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL) and intrusion detection systems.
- Experience with design and implementation of high availability applications infrastructure on Linux - Linux clustering, Veritas Cluster, Netscaler load balancers
- Experience with Hitachi, Netapp and HP storage arrays and Veritas Netbackup
- Experience with debugging issues on Linux and Oracle. Kernel configurations to support high throughput and very large memory configurations. File system configurations to support large databases.
- Experience with backup and recovery of very large Oracle databases using RMAN
- Knowledge of replication technologies (Hitachi True Copy, CA Replication, VVR) to support DR capability
- Experience with interfacing with vendors on new technologies and support issues
- Experience interfacing with application teams and developers when debugging and resolving issues
- Experience with on-call rotations and after hours support including occasional weekend work