Industry: Financial Services
Location: Del Mar, California
Date Posted: January 25, 2013
Temp to Hire opportunity at a growing Financial Services Firm in Sorrento Valley.
The Financial Advisor exists to develop an ongoing financial planning relationship with clients focused on accomplishing the client's goals. Using the 6 Key Advisor Tasks: 1) generate leads; 2) schedule/set meetings with current clients and prospects; 3) conduct meetings with clients/potential clients; 4) analyze data (client's, investments, protection options); 5) propose a strategy/solution to solve for client needs or resource gaps and 6) provide ongoing service of client's needs.
- Schedule and hold meetings with both potential and existing clients in order capture the client's goals.
- Develop strategies to achieve required goals.
- Work with clients to implement agreed upon strategies including but not limited to the following areas: protection, taxes, investments, cash and liabilities, in order to accomplish the client's financial goals.
- Generate leads through various methods. Such as natural market, referrals, local seminars, workplace partnerships, advertising, networking groups and web based marketing venues.
- Leverage regular meetings (on the phone and in person) to track the client's progress vs. goal and when appropriate reallocate resources or investments in order to keep the client on track.
- Engage in on-going professional development to increase industry, product, sales and servicing skills and abilities.
- Maintain all appropriate FINRA/other licenses and requirements up to date.
- Must have Series 7, Series 63 and CA Life Licenses
- Must have clean U4
- Estate Planning experience highly preferred
- Must be able to travel frequently: this position requires travel to Northern California every other week for 1-2 days at a time.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field, preferred
- Strong computer skills, must be intermediate to advanced in Microsoft Excel (testing required)
- High level of confidence, perseverance and a strong desire to achieve and succeed. Previous financial sales experience required - min. of 5 years of experience.
- Outstanding verbal, written and listening communication skills. Superior customer service skills. Master at building relationships with customers.
- Ability to quickly compile, verify and calculate information to provide solutions and recommendations. Product knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to display and maintain a highly professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in the following areas: organizing, planning and prioritization.
- Background Check and Drug Test required.
**All qualified applicants must submit a Cover Letter and Resume to be considered for this role.
Salary: $35k/yr. + commission + quarterly bonus
Realistic salary expectations for your first year: $120k+/yr.