Medical Biller II
Industry: Medical and Nursing
Location: San Diego, California
Date Posted: March 11, 2013
A software, technology, and medical billing company that has been designed for the air medical transportation industry is currently hiring a Medical Billing Specialist. This position is located in Sorrento Valley and requires a person that is willing to take on medical billing, collection tasks, and responsibilities within an environment that is dynamic and fast-paced. We are looking for candidates with both a wide range of medical billing experience.
- 3-4 years experience of full scope medical billing and collections
- Medical Billing Specialist must have completed high school or equivalent GED
- Continuing education or certificate helpful and preferred
- Experience in emergency medical services, medical dispatching, patient registration
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Good customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to read and understand an EOB
- Able to complete a HCFA 1500
- Understands working in a team environment for the success of the team
- Ability to utilize PC using word, excel, custom billing software
- Demographic data gathering
- Verification of insurance
- Performs secondary billing processes
- Initiate insurance billings; prepare claims packets and tracers to commercial, PPO, HMO, Champus, Auto, W/C.
- Performs pre-billing sponsor reviews, verify claims for accuracy
- Skip tracing, process mail return
- Screens for clean claims submission pursuant to payer specific guidelines, and billing form requirements.
- Customized appeal letter writing
- The candidate must be able to provide documentation to support ability to work in the United States within the federal legal guidelines.
- San Diego applications only, please.
- Must have at least 3 yr. experience in Medical Billing
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a temp to hire position with a very competitive salary once hired (after 520 hours) as well as an excellent benefits package. Benefits include health insurance, dental, life insurance, AD&D, LTD, and we participate in the benefit premiums. In addition, we offer Flexible Spending, gym membership, 401k, 15 days a year PTO, 9 paid holidays
3-4 yrs experience -$14- $15/hr. with an increase after 520 hours.