Sr. Systems Administrator
Location: San Francisco, California
Date Posted: May 07, 2013
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining global IT infrastructure.
- Securing, deploying, maintaining, and monitoring our core IP network.
- Manage & implement Windows Domain and file shares.
- Manage Windows and Linux server deployments.
- SAN architecture, maintenance, and implementation.
- Server, workstation, and storage back-ups.
- Review vendor and security alerts and maintain relevant patches and fixes on vulnerable systems.
Technical Qualifications: (Desired)
- Able to learn new technologies and applications.
- Strong understanding of architectural concepts and design.
- Experience in small to large scale deployments, unit testing, and performance tuning.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Domains, DNS, and Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of Linux Operating System and system administration best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows interoperability.
- Ability to create and maintain shell scripts. (Bash, Perl, DOS, PowerShell, VB Scripting)
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, IP Routing, DMZs, NATs, Subnetting, Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Excellent knowledge of Ethernet, Fiber, T1, and DS3 circuits.
- Experience with enterprise-scale backup software. (e.g. Netbackup)
- Experience with large-scale PC deployment and imaging tools.
- Experience deploying and managing Network Security Appliances.
- Expertise securing Windows systems and networks.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation and update existing IT documentation as needed.
- Willing to perform desktop support function as needed.
- Attention to detail and highly motivated.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Can successfully work independently with minimal guidance.
- Works well in a fast paced environment.
- Able to determine priorities and appropriate level of escalation.
- Strong support/troubleshooting skills, analytical thought process.
- Demonstrated ability in managing vendors and vendor relationships.
- Flexible work hours/days.
- Available on-call to assist with IT Support issues after hours and weekends.
- Minimum of 8 years IT or full time System/Network administration experience.
- 5 years+ experience supporting a Windows 2003/2008 environment.
- 5 years+ experience supporting a Windows XP/Windows 7.
- 5 years+ experience working in Linux and mixed Windows/Linux environments.
- 4 years+ experience switch and router configuration and troubleshooting.