Looking for a software designer/developer that will be working with business requirements and developing applications. This Software Engineer will be responsible for the development and implementation of .NET based solutions, throughout the life-cycle of the Projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in authoring feasibility/analysis documentation and in creating development specifications.
- Develop software solutions satisfying development specifications and/or user requirements.
- Will work with all project team members, support groups, vendors, suppliers, and upper management.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting software development life cycle methodologies for developing business applications.
- 3+ years of experience with .NET programming including writing and debugging .NET applications.
- Experience with Java programming including writing and debugging JSP, UI and backend
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools including Microsoft Access, Project and Visio.
Assistant Controller (CPA) - Our Client is seeking a strong technical Assistant Controller. They are seeking someone with a experience from public accounting, CPA license, and private industry experience. This is a position most strive for and would love this company and industry. The following is a list of requirements and job responsibilities:
- Minimum 7+ years related work experience from large companies.
- CPA and public accounting are required.
- Must have public accounting experience in audit, internal controls in SOX compliant environment, strong GAAP knowledge, and experience in financial statement preparation.
- Excellent communication and ability to deliver results presentations.
- Financial statement preparation, analysis, and detailed monthly & quarterly reporting.
- Strong general ledger month end close for multiple entities.
- Prepare cash flow analysis, P&L forecasts & budgeting.
- Set and comply with internal controls, policies & procedures.
- Assist with SEC reporting and internal management reporting.
- Montitor key financial metrics including sales, capital expeditures, operating expesces, and working capital.
- Liaise Corporate Headquarters and also with external CPA firm.
- Supervise department general accounting department including GL Staff, accounts receivable (AR) & accounts payable (AP).
- Oversee all account & bank reconciliations.
- The salary for this position is commensurate with experience but is in the range of $95,000 to $120,000 base, plus bonus and strong benefits.
- Seeking industry experience that would have multiple locations like restaurant, retail, hospitality, franchise, etc.
- Strong excel large ERP systems.
If you are qualified and interested, please send your resume to Thomas Trout at email@example.com. If you already have a VACO rep, let them know you would be interested.
Accounting Manager located in the greater Los Angeles area for a dynamic company. Hands-on role managing inventory, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting.
Skills and specializations
- Minimum 5 years accounting and finance in a managerial role
- BA in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Manufacturing experience required and would prefer a CPA
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks under time constraints
- Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the completion of the general ledger close process and produce timely and accurate financial statements.
- Manage inventory systems and procedures to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained
- Train and mentor staff on accounting and inventory controls and procedures
- Assist in budget and forecast preparation
- Prepare monthly analysis of accounts receivable balances and customer payment trends
Our client here in Irvine is a large company seeking to add to their Internal Audit Department. We are seeking the following position:
Internal Audit Senior
- Plan, prepare and manage complex audits
- Risk assessment to identify potential business risks and controls of the process.
- Review the company's financial and business processes.
- Projects will include financial reviews, operational best practices, and compliance.
- Report findings and propose recommendations for improving operations, reducing risk, and reducing costs.
- Keep current with changes in standards, pronouncements, and governing laws.
- Big 4 CPA and/or CIA would be highly preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience & college degree are required.
- Compensation range from $75,000 to $85,000 annually plus bonus.
- Experience with policy & procedure documentation and review.
- Will also lead the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404 certification process.
- Limited travel estimated at maybe 10%.
- IT Systems audit experience is a plus
- Strong communication, and future leadership skills - it's a place for promotion.
If you meet these requirements, please email your resume in MS Word format to Thomas Trout at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you already have met a VACO representative, let them know you are interested.
The Senior MySQL DBA will implement and manage an enterprise level MySQL installation and administer a variety of production, development and QA databases. This role will develop and implement MySQL database standards and will perform installations and schema alterations, contribute to disaster recovery design, warehousing initiatives and tool selection. This individual must have been through successful data warehouse projects and successfully utilized an ETL tool. This is an ideal opportunity for someone to utilize his/her expertise with MySQL database in a critical and highly visible role.
- Optimize existing schemas and new schema changes and generate new and innovative ideas to assist with database development.
- Assist with data modeling, planning, designing and implementing a high quality Data Warehouse production environment.
- Estimate MySQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
- Establish mechanisms for data backup/restore of relational databases; provide restoration services as needed.
- Develop/Automate scripts to verify and monitor health/integrity of databases and process/load data into Data Warehouse.
- Identify and evaluate tools and services for managing database infrastructure.
- Support MySQL database replication.
- Proven database-engineering experience in large, high-volume, high-availability mission-critical production databases.
- Demonstrated experience with relational database performance tuning and capacity planning especially on MySQL based environments.
- Experience with data warehouse design and processing and with loading data into Data Warehouse.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a DBA or equivalent.
- Experience managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Deep knowledge of Linux, MySQL tuning and performance optimization.
- Experience providing support in a 24x7 environment and willing to be on-call for production escalations.
- Understanding of XML and related technologies is highly preferable.
* Conducts cross functional requirements gathering and design documentation sessions on all assigned projects
* Implements advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
* Prioritizes requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
* Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
* Prepare business and functional requirements for new systems and for updates to existing systems
* Assess customer requirements and analyzes business events in an effort to evaluate and document possible solutions and/or alternative methods of proceeding
* Creates Functional requirements through Features and detailed user stories to convey the business requirements to the IT Developers
* Will serve as a bridge between the business owners and IT
* Very strong business analysis skills. Ability to work with business users to fully gather, define and document implementation requirements, test scenarios, test cases
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to create detailed, well-written documentation for a variety of audiences.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks, and adjust priorities based on workload and direction from management or customer
* Proven analytical ability related to analysis of functional business processes
* Document meeting outcomes through meeting notes and other documentation
* Work closely with end users to develop required test cases
* Leads UAT testing efforts
* Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
Description and Qualifications
Our client is looking for a Senior Financial Accounting Systems Analyst to assist with the daily operational and accounting support for the organization. The Accounting Analyst will combine complex financial accounting with strong financial systems knowledge to support and ensure the quality and integrity of system data. This position will work extensively with numerous departments to resolve and respond to incidents, service requests, and queries regarding enterprise-wide data.
- Provide daily functional and financial support to various departments
- Evaluate, analyze and troubleshoot issues by understanding the flow of information
- Assist with tracking and the creation of accounting reports to provide financial information for user within the enterprise system and maintain positive relationships
- Deliver accurate, timely, courteous and cooperative communication
- Create accounting reports, financial packages, and management reports
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, improve data integrity, or reduce risk by exploiting system capabilities; partner in developing effective enhancements and make proposals based on cost versus benefit
- Lead testing and verification of information processed through the system, including developing test matrices
- Prepare clean accounting data for other accountants to be used in the design of various accounting reports and supporting details
- Support the creation of designs that are scalable, transferable and that meet the business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5 years of relevant business and/or technical experience, preferably in managing enterprise systems and data integrity
- An understanding of complex accounting transactions
- Strong computer skills are required. Knowledge of and experience with financial applications is required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Experience with testing data
- Ability to build reporting tools
- Problem solver who is able to prioritize and work on multiple assignments with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated success as a team player and self-starter
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
Do you know someone who is the right fit? Call today and learn more about the Vaco referral program.
Join Vaco Birmingham on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/vacobirmingham
Key responsibilities include:
· Develops, tests, and maintains programs and systems using sound testing methodologies and gaining user sign-off on results
· Implements high quality systems that meet user expectations for form, function, ease of use, and considers technical and non-technical solutions to improve business process efficiency
· Must adhere to approved policies, standards and procedures relating to an object oriented programming environment
· The actual programming content is not as large as the business systems and process analysis component
· Develops and documents programs, program flows/screens, database tables and their relations
· Creates user documentation for newly developed programs and systems
· Trains users in the usage of new programs and systems
· Heavy involvement in Sharepoint and Business Intelligence development, administration, and testing
· Performs timely problem resolution for internally developed and purchased systems
· Works with vendors to resolve problems and answer questions
· Documents assigned calls by maintaining progress and resolution in the current support ticket reporting system
· Acquires knowledge to better assist with present and future departmental functions and uses all forms of information to develop additional skills that may be helpful in furthering the goals of Club business services
· Works with users and co-workers to implement solutions which are cost effective, functional, and meet Information Services standards while addressing customer requirements
· Develops and maintains project schedule for program and database changes
Key qualifications include:
· At least 2 years of experience using "Visual Studio.NET" and C# programming language in an object oriented programming environment
· Must have the ability to support and develop in an SQL environment (T-SQL a plus)
· Experience supporting requirements of a general business area is required
· Experience supporting, administering and developing in MS Sharepoint, SQL Server
Reporting Services, and Analysis Services, highly preferred
· Working knowledge of PCI
· Occasional travel
· Valid Arizona Driver's license
· Key Core Competencies include: Collaboration and Teamwork, Accountability and Initiative
· Key Functional Competencies include: Innovation and Technical Knowledge
Vaco Orlando is looking for tax accountants with the following skill sets:
* Minimum 3-5 years public accounting experience
* Minimum 3-5 years of extensive experience with 1040 prep
* CPA preferred or working towards CPA
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Exposure to research techniques
* Excellent analytical skills are a must
* CPA track
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting
* Ability to multi-task, communicate and develop relationship with clients
* Excellent organizational skills
* A willingness to diversify knowledge to other specialized areas
Location: Poway, CA
Pay Range: $12.50-$13/hr.
Perform verifications of credit, employment, banking & tax return information using various methods and systems. Verifications may be performed over the phone or electronically.
Basic data entry and computer skills required
Must be able to type at least 40wpm
High School diploma required