Bobbi has been with Vaco since December of 2012 and takes pride in displaying a high level of professionalism with everyone she meets. In her role at Vaco, she brings financial and accounting knowledge, strong communication skills, and a knack for customer service. The skills she has developed over her professional career will be a tremendous value to both the candidates and clients in which she represents.
Prior to joining Vaco, she spent nine years at International Paper, a Fortune 150 company and held a wide range of responsibilities. While there, she held several Accounting and Finance positions which included Plant Controller, Global Sourcing Financial Analyst and General Ledger Financial Analyst.
Derek Benseler is Director of Client Services for Vaco Resources in Columbus, OH.
He has more than 19 years in industry and consulting services experience, including a diversified client base in a wide range of industries. Prior to joining Vaco, Derek spent more than 13 years in a variety of client-serving roles, including over four years each with a CFO outsourcing firm, a middle-market consulting firm, and an S&P 500 staffing firm.
Derek began his career with Ernst & Young before moving into industry roles.
He received his undergraduate degree in Accounting from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH.
Contract role as an Operations Specialist for one of the largest technology companies on the planet! Looking for a candidate who has strong MS Excel skills and the ability to analyze data.
Responsibilities: Data analysis using MS Excel.
You are a quick learner who can work independently as well as part of a team, and who applies sound judgment when to escalate issues. Able to quickly adjust to changes in fast-paced environment and able to perform repetitive tasks effectively.
SQL Database Engineer / Data Architect
The Database Engineer / Data Architect is responsible for designing highly scalable, highly reliable, very high transaction databases which manage and house our customers' product data so it can be syndicated across the various online retail channels. We partner with many of the high profile companies on the online retail space.
We are looking for a Database Engineer / Data Architect who is skilled in Microsoft SQL Server and has sound complex database schema design skills. The database Engineer must be very proactive in seeking solutions to challenges whether it is improving and extending code bases, recommending and implementing 3rd party tools or recommending feature or architectural enhancements.
Position Summary for the Database Engineer / Data Architect:
- Performs design and application development of the database tier in our systems interacting extensively with the business and presentation tiers.
- Has strong skill in designing and implementing large scale, high performance, fault-tolerant database architectures.
- Has experience developing for highly available, 24/7 multi-server database platforms.
- Intimate knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and database schema design best practices.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables.
Essential Job Functions of the Database Engineer / Data Architect:
- Develop new complex software solutions using company standards.
- Practical application of advanced database concepts, including development with highly available, fault-tolerant systems leveraging clustered systems and SAN technologies, replication, as well as development within a federated farm architecture.
- Derive logical models from key business requirements, and evolve those models into a physical implementation.
- Proactive in analyzing existing systems and identifying areas of improvement by offering alternative solutions and designs, using third party tools, etc. to solve the issues at hand.
- Works well on an agile product team developing customer-driven features and architectural enhancements.
- Able to work effectively with internal and external groups including clients and vendors.
Job Specifications for the Database Engineer / Data Architect:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
- Requires 5 or more years experience in database development and design with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Required areas of expertise:
- Extensive experience optimizing and debugging functions, views, indexes, triggers, etc.
- Experience building scalable database architectures.
- Experience with partitioning strategies within the database
- Experience with clustered database systems.
- Experience with database modeling tools
- Experience working in a 24/7 enterprise environment.
Desirable areas of expertise:
- Experience with database versioning techniques and tools.
- Strong understanding of modern software architecture and approaches including
- OOP theory and practices
- Web Services
- Threading, concurrency
- Algorithms, sorting/taxonomies
- Strong understanding of modern software technology and ongoing efforts to maintain skills and knowledge at the state of the art.
- Ability to do all levels of hands on work in software engineering.
- Proven ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft .Net development best practices
A rapidly growing, Birmingham-based organization has engaged Vaco Birmingham to identify a Payroll Manager to oversee and administer payroll for 750 employees. The Payroll Administrator will be report to the Assistant Controller and will often interact with ownership and executive management.
Our client is an exceptional organization with strong corporate values and a family-friendly work environment.
- Performs a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording retroactive payments, increases, vacation/sick time accruals, payroll labor allocations and payroll deductions.
- Must adhere and enforce to the organizations payroll related policies, procedures and regulations.
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Process payroll manual checks for outstanding payroll checks, payroll advances, lost/stolen checks, late time sheets, etc.
- Maintain updated worksheet/log records for Faculty Contracts, Advance Pay, Gift Deductions, and Manual Checks.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience and 1+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to effectively act as lead and work as a team member.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal payroll and related tax laws, regulations and Skill in preparing detailed reports.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
Do you know someone who is the right fit? Call today and learn more about the Vaco referral program.
Join Vaco Birmingham on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/vacobirmingham
* Two-year college degree or equivalent business experience * Experienced computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook) * Previous experience working in a business environment meeting deadlines * Communicate effectively with teammates and managers * Analyze documents and ability to make sound decisions Preferred
Qualifications: * Experience in Life or Annuity claims
* Analyze documents and data enter information into database * Research using all available tools in order to make decision * Work with multiple computer systems in order to update information * Perform tasks that require a high degree of accuracy
**Only those with experience as listed below will be considered.
- Must have experience working with open source software solutions
- Must have experience building enterprise web applications
- Prefer someone who has 4 years of Java.
- Prefer someone who is currently working in a web based application. (Ruby, Java, Groovy)
- Annual review responsibility
- Hire/fire responsibility
- Prefer someone who knows the difference between skills based leadership, vision based leadership, position based leadership.
- Prefer someone with an Agile development SDLC background.
- Projects go on a two week to four week sprint.
- A delighter is to be currently working to implement or has implemented continuous deployment.
- Must work and play well with others.
- The primary purpose of this position is to manage multiple small teams from a technical, management and leadership perspective. .
- The manager will have as few as 8 reports but could get as many as 20 reports.
- The teams' primary purpose is crafting web applications to be used by internal business users or external customers.
Interim Senior G/L Accountant - Pomona, CA
- Responsible for month end closing activities
- Assist with financial statements preparation
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare monthly corporate variance analysis with explanations
- Update roll-forward schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance Required
- 3-7 years related accounting experience
- SAP experience required
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills combined with solid accounting knowledge
- Fast learner capable of multi-tasking in dynamic environment
Vaco Technology is currently looking to fill multiple Java developer roles in Richmond, VA.
Email resume to email@example.com
This position may include both development and support responsibilities so the ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability is critical. Frequent interaction with customers and other groups is normal, so excellent communication and teamwork is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Design, develop, code, test, build, deploy, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
* Participate in a 24x7 support rotation. This includes answering user questions, fulfilling user requests, resolving system issues, etc.
* Work with other technical staff to understand problems with software then develop specifications and estimates to resolve them.
* Must be willing to travel overnight as required.
* Enterprise-level Java application development programming experience utilizing Agile/Scrum processes. Experience should include architecture, design, development, testing, build, implementation, and post-implementation support.
* Experience developing secure, high availability, interactive web applications.
* Excellent oral and written communication.
* Proven customer service skills.
* Proven ability to write clear and concise technical documents.
* Proven ability to clearly document processes and procedures.
* Proven ability to complete tasks or project assignments with minimal supervision.
* Must be adaptable, flexible, organized, detail oriented, work well in a team environment, and have a strong drive for success.
* Practical experience and knowledge of most of the following technologies and tools:
o Java: Servlets, JSF, JSP, Spring, Struts, JUnit, Hibernate, JDBC, Web Services, Log4j or other logging framework
o SQL Development (Oracle)
o Application Servers: WebSphere preferred
o IDE: Eclipse, RAD
o Source control tools (Subversion, or other)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
* Sun Java Certification
* Exposure to the following technologies and tools
o Scripting: Maven, Ant
o Reporting software (Business Objects)
o Test management software (HP Quality Center or other)
o IaaS Cloud Solutions (Amazon EC2 or other)
o Control-M or other scheduling software
* Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Developer
* Experience with use case based design
* 7+ years of enterprise-level Java application development programming experience
* Proven experience in architecting new software and software enhancements
* Experience working on projects of moderate to major complexity
* Proven experience leading a Java development team and mentoring other developers
* Experience designing, managing, and executing the build and deployment of applications
* Experience using Struts and Hibernate
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaco Technology is currently looking to fill multiple .NET Developer roles for a contract to hire position in Richmond, VA.
- 5+ years of experience
- Excellent understanding of C# .NET, ASP.NET, Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Development experience on the Microsoft .NET 3.5 or 4.0 framework
- Experience building scalable and performance based web applications
- Knowledge of using JQuery to develop dynamic, interactive web sites
- Object oriented development in a multi-tiered environment
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP), WCF, LINQ, Entity Framework, XML, AJAX, Webservices and API's
- Experience writing SQL and stored procedures on MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- BA/BS degree or technical degree
- Experience with Agile Development
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Strong communication skills
- Must have excellent working knowledge of broader architectural concepts important to the Microsoft platform, including ASP.NET Application/Session/Request life cycles, Garbage Collection, caching, etc.
Vaco can offer:
*Holiday pay after completion of 1,000 regular project hours
*40 hours vacation pay for every 1,000 regular hours worked
*Long Term Disability
Do you know someone who is the right fit?
Call today and learn more about our referral program.
We are unable to sponsor H1 status at this time.
Please send resumes in Word format to email@example.com for consideration.