Contract role as an Operations Specialist for one of the largest technology companies on the planet! Looking for a candidate who has strong MS Excel skills and the ability to analyze data.
Responsibilities: Data analysis using MS Excel.
You are a quick learner who can work independently as well as part of a team, and who applies sound judgment when to escalate issues. Able to quickly adjust to changes in fast-paced environment and able to perform repetitive tasks effectively.
SQL Database Engineer / Data Architect
The Database Engineer / Data Architect is responsible for designing highly scalable, highly reliable, very high transaction databases which manage and house our customers' product data so it can be syndicated across the various online retail channels. We partner with many of the high profile companies on the online retail space.
We are looking for a Database Engineer / Data Architect who is skilled in Microsoft SQL Server and has sound complex database schema design skills. The database Engineer must be very proactive in seeking solutions to challenges whether it is improving and extending code bases, recommending and implementing 3rd party tools or recommending feature or architectural enhancements.
Position Summary for the Database Engineer / Data Architect:
- Performs design and application development of the database tier in our systems interacting extensively with the business and presentation tiers.
- Has strong skill in designing and implementing large scale, high performance, fault-tolerant database architectures.
- Has experience developing for highly available, 24/7 multi-server database platforms.
- Intimate knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and database schema design best practices.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables.
Essential Job Functions of the Database Engineer / Data Architect:
- Develop new complex software solutions using company standards.
- Practical application of advanced database concepts, including development with highly available, fault-tolerant systems leveraging clustered systems and SAN technologies, replication, as well as development within a federated farm architecture.
- Derive logical models from key business requirements, and evolve those models into a physical implementation.
- Proactive in analyzing existing systems and identifying areas of improvement by offering alternative solutions and designs, using third party tools, etc. to solve the issues at hand.
- Works well on an agile product team developing customer-driven features and architectural enhancements.
- Able to work effectively with internal and external groups including clients and vendors.
Job Specifications for the Database Engineer / Data Architect:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
- Requires 5 or more years experience in database development and design with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Required areas of expertise:
- Extensive experience optimizing and debugging functions, views, indexes, triggers, etc.
- Experience building scalable database architectures.
- Experience with partitioning strategies within the database
- Experience with clustered database systems.
- Experience with database modeling tools
- Experience working in a 24/7 enterprise environment.
Desirable areas of expertise:
- Experience with database versioning techniques and tools.
- Strong understanding of modern software architecture and approaches including
- OOP theory and practices
- Web Services
- Threading, concurrency
- Algorithms, sorting/taxonomies
- Strong understanding of modern software technology and ongoing efforts to maintain skills and knowledge at the state of the art.
- Ability to do all levels of hands on work in software engineering.
- Proven ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft .Net development best practices
A rapidly growing, Birmingham-based organization has engaged Vaco Birmingham to identify a Payroll Manager to oversee and administer payroll for 750 employees. The Payroll Administrator will be report to the Assistant Controller and will often interact with ownership and executive management.
Our client is an exceptional organization with strong corporate values and a family-friendly work environment.
- Performs a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording retroactive payments, increases, vacation/sick time accruals, payroll labor allocations and payroll deductions.
- Must adhere and enforce to the organizations payroll related policies, procedures and regulations.
- Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Process payroll manual checks for outstanding payroll checks, payroll advances, lost/stolen checks, late time sheets, etc.
- Maintain updated worksheet/log records for Faculty Contracts, Advance Pay, Gift Deductions, and Manual Checks.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience and 1+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to effectively act as lead and work as a team member.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal payroll and related tax laws, regulations and Skill in preparing detailed reports.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
Do you know someone who is the right fit? Call today and learn more about the Vaco referral program.
Join Vaco Birmingham on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/vacobirmingham
* Two-year college degree or equivalent business experience * Experienced computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook) * Previous experience working in a business environment meeting deadlines * Communicate effectively with teammates and managers * Analyze documents and ability to make sound decisions Preferred
Qualifications: * Experience in Life or Annuity claims
* Analyze documents and data enter information into database * Research using all available tools in order to make decision * Work with multiple computer systems in order to update information * Perform tasks that require a high degree of accuracy
**Only those with experience as listed below will be considered.
- Must have experience working with open source software solutions
- Must have experience building enterprise web applications
- Prefer someone who has 4 years of Java.
- Prefer someone who is currently working in a web based application. (Ruby, Java, Groovy)
- Annual review responsibility
- Hire/fire responsibility
- Prefer someone who knows the difference between skills based leadership, vision based leadership, position based leadership.
- Prefer someone with an Agile development SDLC background.
- Projects go on a two week to four week sprint.
- A delighter is to be currently working to implement or has implemented continuous deployment.
- Must work and play well with others.
- The primary purpose of this position is to manage multiple small teams from a technical, management and leadership perspective. .
- The manager will have as few as 8 reports but could get as many as 20 reports.
- The teams' primary purpose is crafting web applications to be used by internal business users or external customers.
Interim Senior G/L Accountant - Pomona, CA
- Responsible for month end closing activities
- Assist with financial statements preparation
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement disclosures
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare monthly corporate variance analysis with explanations
- Update roll-forward schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance Required
- 3-7 years related accounting experience
- SAP experience required
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills combined with solid accounting knowledge
- Fast learner capable of multi-tasking in dynamic environment
Vaco Technology is currently looking to fill multiple Java developer roles in Richmond, VA.
Email resume to email@example.com
This position may include both development and support responsibilities so the ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of flexibility and adaptability is critical. Frequent interaction with customers and other groups is normal, so excellent communication and teamwork is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Design, develop, code, test, build, deploy, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
* Participate in a 24x7 support rotation. This includes answering user questions, fulfilling user requests, resolving system issues, etc.
* Work with other technical staff to understand problems with software then develop specifications and estimates to resolve them.
* Must be willing to travel overnight as required.
* Enterprise-level Java application development programming experience utilizing Agile/Scrum processes. Experience should include architecture, design, development, testing, build, implementation, and post-implementation support.
* Experience developing secure, high availability, interactive web applications.
* Excellent oral and written communication.
* Proven customer service skills.
* Proven ability to write clear and concise technical documents.
* Proven ability to clearly document processes and procedures.
* Proven ability to complete tasks or project assignments with minimal supervision.
* Must be adaptable, flexible, organized, detail oriented, work well in a team environment, and have a strong drive for success.
* Practical experience and knowledge of most of the following technologies and tools:
o Java: Servlets, JSF, JSP, Spring, Struts, JUnit, Hibernate, JDBC, Web Services, Log4j or other logging framework
o SQL Development (Oracle)
o Application Servers: WebSphere preferred
o IDE: Eclipse, RAD
o Source control tools (Subversion, or other)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
* Sun Java Certification
* Exposure to the following technologies and tools
o Scripting: Maven, Ant
o Reporting software (Business Objects)
o Test management software (HP Quality Center or other)
o IaaS Cloud Solutions (Amazon EC2 or other)
o Control-M or other scheduling software
* Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Developer
* Experience with use case based design
* 7+ years of enterprise-level Java application development programming experience
* Proven experience in architecting new software and software enhancements
* Experience working on projects of moderate to major complexity
* Proven experience leading a Java development team and mentoring other developers
* Experience designing, managing, and executing the build and deployment of applications
* Experience using Struts and Hibernate
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaco Technology is currently looking to fill multiple .NET Developer roles for a contract to hire position in Richmond, VA.
- 5+ years of experience
- Excellent understanding of C# .NET, ASP.NET, Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Development experience on the Microsoft .NET 3.5 or 4.0 framework
- Experience building scalable and performance based web applications
- Knowledge of using JQuery to develop dynamic, interactive web sites
- Object oriented development in a multi-tiered environment
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP), WCF, LINQ, Entity Framework, XML, AJAX, Webservices and API's
- Experience writing SQL and stored procedures on MS SQL Server 2005/2008
- BA/BS degree or technical degree
- Experience with Agile Development
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Strong communication skills
- Must have excellent working knowledge of broader architectural concepts important to the Microsoft platform, including ASP.NET Application/Session/Request life cycles, Garbage Collection, caching, etc.
Vaco can offer:
*Holiday pay after completion of 1,000 regular project hours
*40 hours vacation pay for every 1,000 regular hours worked
*Long Term Disability
Do you know someone who is the right fit?
Call today and learn more about our referral program.
We are unable to sponsor H1 status at this time.
Please send resumes in Word format to email@example.com for consideration.
The Senior Service Engineer is responsible for managing all customer's in-depth technical post sales dialogue including, trouble shooting problems by phone or email, general customer on-site installation (as required), integration issues, failures, RMA issuing and managing through completion, customer trainings, product demos including basic application demos. As a senior position, this should perform as a back-up for our Customer Service Manager. She/he is also responsible for product technical sales support (pre-sales dialogue) and working in conjunction with the in-house sales support and sales management. She/he is fluent in the customer relation information database. The Product Specialist Support reports to the Sales and Marketing organization.
Major duties and responsibilities:
* Post-sale technical support for existing customers. First line customer contact for all in-depth technical dialogue post sale. Trouble shooting and diagnosing products failures. Decide on product return for repair and type of repair. Issue RMAs and follow up repair through RMA completion.
* Approve and implement warranty returns. Act as a liaison between sales and manufacturing on warranty failures. Manages the repair process with manufacturing.
* Work and team with the manufacturing engineering organization to investigate, monitor and report design, reliability and maintenance issues to all functional operating groups.
* Pre-sales phone technical support in coordination with sales and in-house sales as well as application support. In-house and field product demos. Work in liaison with application support for specific customer requests. Provides feedback to sales to optimize the quotations items and details. (Quotation ownership is from sales)
* Is the customer voice within the organization.
* Enter and track information on all customer interactions on the CRM system.
Skills and experience:
* Excellent communication skills, and the ability to deal effectively with customers over the phone/email and other communication media.
* Good level of computer literacy
* Requires a minimum of a BS degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in diagnosing, trouble shooting mechanical electrical systems, providing applications support, and a strong technical knowledge of company products.
* Solid background with mechanical/electrical systems, fiber optics experience a plus
MUST HAVE - Oracle 11G R2 RAC, RMAN Backup and be OCP certified.
Years of Experience:
* 5+ years of Oracle production and application DBA Experience, OCP certification required.
* Experience with Oracle 11gR2 RAC Database Administration in HP_UX or Linux environment
* Experience with performance tuning, troubleshooting database
* Experience with RMAN backup and recovery, database cloning, flashback technology.
* Experience using ASM and Data Guard
* Works independently to provide on-call support after work hours and weekends.
* OEM Grid Control experience a plus
* Familiarity with Agile Development Methodology
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Knowledge of the utilities and production tools used for data storage management to support the Application Team. Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; codes, tests, and implements physical database, applying knowledge of data base management system. Designs logical and physical databases reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical data base (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method).
Establishes physical database parameters. Uses structured query language (SQL) to define database objects using database definition language (DDL) and control access to database objects using data control language (DCL). Language descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions. Calculates optimum values for database parameters, such as amount of computer memory to be used by database, following manuals and using calculator. Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data. Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be accessed by user. Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
Enters SQL to create production data base. Uses database utility programs and 3rd party utilities to monitor database performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory. Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system. Reviews and corrects programs. Answers user questions. Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base. Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning. Workers typically specialize in one or more types of data base management systems. Providing assistance in the planning, development, maintenance, and monitoring of integrated database systems, and ensuring that the conceptual and design phases of new applications are consistent with the structural parameters within the database environment.
Evaluates users' requests for new data elements and systems, incorporates them into the existing shared data environment, and provides technical assistance. Coordinates the use of data to ensure data integrity and control redundancy, loads databases, and reorganizes as needed. Performs data modeling and prototyping. Performs logical and physical data modeling, designs relational database models, and creates physical data models from logical data models. Performs security recovery procedures. Determines and implements database search strategies and storage requirements. Maintains data dictionary ensuring uniformity of definitions and sets standards for use of data dictionary. Monitors database performance and recommends efficiency improvements. Creates test database environment for applications section, including the creation of necessary libraries and procedures.
Executes the procedures necessary to save, retrieve, and recover databases from hardware and software failures within established procedures. Assists with determining, implementing, and enhancing standards on database security and with monitoring agency disaster recovery procedures and systems. Assists with the installation of database software and with analyzing, designing, and implementing databases. Assists in benchmarking and threshold testing of databases and with establishing and controlling necessary database security. Assists in the selection of database management software. Experience in computer systems analysis or computer programming work.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unable to sponsor H1 status for this position.