Vaco helps public company's internal project team implement ASC 842 lease accounting solution
Client Utilized Two Different ERP Systems and One Consolidation Tool
The client’s accounting and finance teams were located in multiple countries, with the United States team in charge of the final consolidation of ASC 842 company results. The client utilizes two different ERP systems and one consolidation tool.
The US and international countries did not have the resources to provide dedicated expertise to their internal project team, including staff with technical knowledge of the ASC 842 lease accounting standard.
Provided Dedicated Team to Shore Up Implementation
Vaco was able to provide a dedicated team with previous experience in implementation of the new lease accounting standard. The Vaco team had previous lease accounting expertise with a similar-sized company and volume of leases. Vaco helped ease the burden of the project by providing:
- Assisted with identifying the complete population of company leases
- Assisted client with the abstraction of leases
- Liaison between external implementation team and client’s accounting and finance team
- Responsible for documenting and resolving any project issues as it pertained to the configuration of the new lease accounting tool
- Participated in the design and execution of test cases
- Provided technical knowledge of the new standard to key members of the client’s accounting and finance team to ensure proper configuration of the client’s lease accounting software
- Prepared the proper documentation from the client’s lease accounting software for the external auditors