Agile Methodology Enablement
Agile enablement focuses on the people and process side of organizational agility. Here, we enable your team to prioritize projects and work efficiently; we help you power your planning process and simply get work done.
To help our clients improve agility, our Agile business experts focus on leadership training, project prioritization, and streamlining planning processes.
We take a collaborative, conversational, and highly focused approach during our assessment and discovery process. We’ll work closely with your business leaders, teams, and talented employees. We’ll observe your Agile team events and hold 1:1 sessions with a varied group of team members and leaders.
Once we’ve collected our target information, we deliver a thorough assessment containing strategic recommendations and we’ll identify areas for possible improvement. Together we’ll agree on a set of “go-forward” business agility strategies to pilot and ultimately implement.
Assessment & discovery focus groups:
Realizing that “getting to done” consistently and predictably is a major reason our clients want to shift to an Agile methodology, we take a top-down and bottom-up approach. Based on the recommendations from our assessment and discovery phase, we partner with you to implement an Agile Transformation Team (ATT) that’s designed to activate leadership support. At the same time, we’ll also work with your teams to implement appropriate Agile foundational frameworks.
- Scrum of Scrums
- Agile Transformation Teams (ATT)
- Enterprise Enablement Teams (EAT)
Leaders are uniquely positioned to make fundamental changes in business agility. By coaching leadership teams about how they can best enable organizational agility, we empower them to implement Agile methods in all areas of the business. This results in greater focus and more successfully completed projects.
Agile leadership enablement focus groups:
- Executive Leaders
- Product & Portfolio Management
Training is vital to the successful implementation of an Agile methodology. By creating a shared approach and a common vocabulary, teams can learn new and efficient ways of operating together. Our coaches and trainers offer 30 different foundational and certification-based courses and have led hundreds of classes, effectively training thousands of Agile executive leaders, management teams, and associates.
Vaco offers over 30 Agile business courses including:
- Team Foundations
- Role-based Certification (SM, PO, Team, Engineer)
- MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- Leadership Workshops
We here to support you as you achieve self-sustaining organizational agility. To get there, our team of expert Agile coaches works with your leaders, teams, and portfolio management offices (PMOs) to deliver a tailored approach that’s right for your business. Our Emerging Agilist & Leader Programs are at the heart of our self-sustaining enablement strategy.
Our Agile coaches offer mentoring & support for multiple roles including:
- Scrum Master
- Product Owner
- Team Members (developers, quality engineers, system analysts)
- Portfolio Management
Coupled with exceptional managed services and consultancy in the Agile space, Vaco’s strategic staffing team has more than 30 years of combined recruiting expertise and can source the best Agile/Scrum technology talent in the United States. Our Agile managed services team and seasoned talent recruiters carefully screen every candidate so you can rest assured that their qualifications and experience are what you’re looking for. Vaco offers you unparalleled reach in the agile recruitment space and incredible speed to market.
- Scrum Master and Coaches – all levels
- Product Owner and Manager – all levels, including management
- Retained Agile Leadership Capabilities
- DevOps — all levels, including leadership
- Atlassian Tooling — subject matter experts, all levels
DevOps enablement & test automation
DevOps enablement enhances your technology, software, and systems. Vaco’s DevOps enablement and test automation ensure that your software and technology are as efficient and adaptable as your team is. This holistic view allows both teams and technology to adapt and improve in today’s rapidly evolving business environment.
When your company has the technical tools to succeed — like test automation, development pipelines, and build processes — you’re well-positioned to take agility to the next level.
DevOps covers anything from a shift in the organizational mindset to tactical product deployment. Whether you’re a big-picture thinker or granular tactician, our agile DevOps consultants can support your next move. Using our integrated evaluation process, we provide insight into your DevOps maturity. This approach enables us to evaluate everything from release cycles and branching strategies to implementation and tactical deployments.
Integrated DevOps assessment
- Evaluate infrastructure, release, cycle, and branching strategies
- Set a baseline for DevOps maturity to measure improvements for leadership
- Implement solutions based on recommendations to improve the process like code security, stability, and automation
- Integrate the DevOps team into the agile development process
Vaco’s Agile methodology experts provide an unbiased perspective into your technology practices. Based on their organizational health check findings, they’ll recommend development improvement strategies and guidance tailored to your business. Let’s face it, adopting change can be challenging and time-consuming! To expedite this process and help everything flow smoothly, we employ a tested methodology of coaching and consulting. This ensures that each level of your organization benefits from technology transformation … during every phase of the process.
- Cultural health
- Tools and systems
- Work in progress (WIP)
- Planning practices
- Security vs. risk
- Employee empowerment
Coaching & training
- Technical coaching
- Program coaching
- Team coaching
- “Paired” engineering-specific coaching
Integrated tools help companies achieve fully synchronous processes in development teams. Vaco’s Agile consultants will improve your tools through continuous integration, end-to-end automation, and quality intelligence. This cognitive approach optimizes costs, supports defect-prevention, and increases agility. Simply put: test automation gives your team the capabilities to complete projects in a resource-effective way.
Agile test automation process
- Synchronization: We introduce a structured and specific strategy to synchronize enterprise architecture with your custom development plan.
- Automate First Design: We design tests to integrate into the DevSecOps pipeline, keeping your technology and software improving and continually adapting — with no noticeable effect on the user.
- Continuous Automation: Tests — such as regression — run frequently and automatically with limited manual intervention.
- Measure Readiness: We define exit criteria so product owners can define when software is cleared for use.
- Measure to Learn: Test tools automate reporting and readiness further enhancing your business intelligence and agility.