In this edition of Free Yourself Friday, we’re headed west to Seattle, Washington where Vaco provides expert consulting, permanent placement, executive search, and strategic staffing.
Yes, we specialize in premier talent & solutions, but most importantly, we help people find freedom. We believe in the power of an entrepreneurial spirit, staying team focused, and a true work-life balance.
So whether you find yourself in the Pacific Northwest for business or you’re just passing through, our Vaco Seattle office has shared their recommendations and favorite places to Free Yourself in Seattle.
1. Experiencing the Pacific Northwest
- Columbia Tower Skyview Observatory: A 360-degree view of Seattle and at 902 feet, its the tallest observatory in the Pacific Northwest – no hiking boots required.
- Snoqualmie Falls is one of Washington state’s most popular scenic attractions. More than 1.5 million visitors come to the Falls every year. At the falls, you will find a two-acre park, gift shop, observation deck, the Salish Lodge and the famous 270 foot waterfall.
- Ferry to Bainbridge Island: A great way to see Seattle on a sunny day, and Bainbridge is great for exploring as well! The island is home to seven artisan wineries, a brewery and an organic distillery. The vibrant village of Winslow, just a short walk from the ferry, features a number of restaurants and one-of-a-kind shops and a waterfront park.
- Grab ice cream from Molly Moon’s in Queen Anne and take it to Kerry Park for an awesome view highlighting the Space Needle.
2. Tourism At Its Finest
- Underworld Tour: A 21+ only tour of Seattle’s historic underground, with true tales of the city’s founders and legion of “seamstresses.” Comes with a cocktail at the end!
- Living Computer Museum: For tech people, this is a can’t miss. It was founded by Paul Allen, one of the co-founders of Microsoft, who is still a huge influence in the city.
- Museum of Popular Culture: Music and sci-fi fans will want to check this out. Exhibits include Marvel Super Heroes, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, and more.
3. Wine and Dine
- The Chocolate Box and Tasting Room – Be sure to do the wine and chocolate pairings!
- The Nest at The Thompson Hotel: One of the best rooftop bars in the city!
- Westward: Enjoy a delicious meal on the water. Westward is an award winning full service restaurant located directly on the north shores of Lake Union.
- JuneBaby won the James Beard Award for the best new restaurant in all of the US.