In this edition of Free Yourself Friday, we take you to Tampa, FL where Vaco provides expert consulting, permanent placement, executive search, and strategic staffing.
Yes, we specialize in premier talent & solutions, but most importantly, we help people find freedom. We believe in the power of an entrepreneurial spirit, staying team focused, and a true work-life balance.
So, if you find yourself in Tampa on business or just for a visit, our local Vaconians have the top five places to Free Yourself in Tampa.
- Sample beer at local breweries – As Florida’s craft beer capital, Tampa Bay has so many different breweries to visit and tour. A few favorites are 81Bay, Cigar City Brewing, Coppertail and Yuengling.
- Bern’s Steakhouse & Harry Waugh Dessert Room – Not only can you get an incredible steak for dinner, but you can also enjoy one of the 40 dessert offerings all while being surrounded by total opulence. Bern’s is a must, and don’t skip the tour of the kitchen and wine cellar.
- Gasparilla Pirate Festival – If you are in town during Gasparilla (late January), we strongly encourage you to attend. This huge parade -or invasion, if you will- and it has been a tradition in Tampa Bay since 1904 and is accompanied by many other fun community events.
- The great outdoors – Whether it’s scalloping in Homosassa or visiting Beer Can Island, Vaco Tampa loves to get outside when having team building events. Other favorites include sailing, kayaking, and cleaning the mangroves.
- Historic Ybor– Ybor City historic district is full of character and, like the rest of Tampa Bay, does not have a shortage of delicious food. While you’re in Ybor, you must get a famous Cuban sandwich (perhaps at the Columbia Restaurant), and if you’re in need of a caffeine kick, go ahead and grab a Cuban coffee at The Blind Tiger Cafe.
- Local sports teams – Tampa Bay has several sports teams you can go support. You can check out the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field, and if baseball isn’t your thing, there’s also the Lightning hockey, Buccaneers football, or Rowdies soccer.
- Dog Bar in St. Pete – If you are a dog lover like me, you will have a blast at The Dog Bar. This unique bar boasts a wide range of drinks for you, live music, and play areas for your furry friend.
- Busch Gardens – Busch Gardens is another spot that Vaco Tampa likes to team build. Get all your thrills on the roller coasters, then go check out the wide range of animals they have. Of course, you can also enjoy some delicious beer and food while you’re there.