- Webinar Date: February 25, 2021 @11:00am
This December, the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) will be fully replaced by the Secured Overnight Funds Rate (SOFR). While the LIBOR sunset could be extended, debt markets and lenders have already begun the transition to other market rates. This replacement will have a significant impact on banks, various lending institutions, and companies with outstanding rate referenced loans and/or derivative contracts.
Join MorganFranklin Consulting’s webinar to learn about proactive steps nonfinancial companies can take, including:
- Understanding the fallback (replacement) rate wording in debt agreements
- Knowing the current market rate range based on current creditworthiness:
- How does the current rate on the debt compare to the market?
- Are there opportunities for other changes to be made via the amendment process?
- Considering the applicability of potential relief offered by a recent accounting pronouncement
This webinar will help participants:
- Understand the current proposed timeline for the LIBOR sunset, and potential replacements
- Understand the potential accounting and/or controls impact of reference rate reform
- Develop an understanding of current accounting guidance that has the potential to provide relief
Participants who attended the live webinar were eligible to receive 1 hour of CPE credit in the field of Accounting.