- Webinar Date: April 8, 2021 @11:00am
Sales and Use Tax: Audit Management and More
It’s been three years since the SCOTUS Wayfair ruling established economic nexus, and combined with a year of lockdown, states and taxpayers alike continue to respond to the complexities in state tax compliance.
In today’s climate, taxpayers can anticipate to be met with aggressive state tax enforcement and must proactively prepare to meet such demands.
This course highlights various developments in state and local tax, what to expect going forward, and most importantly, how to manage sales and use tax audits.
- Rudy Gonzalez, Director, State & Local Tax, Vaco
- Andrea Casso, Manager, State & Local Tax, Vaco
- Understanding the technical complexities, organizational impacts, state trends, and pitfalls of managing sales and use tax audits.
- Understanding taxpayer’s rights and defense opportunities during a sales and use tax audit.
- Recognizing the various sampling methodologies and their value.
- Evaluating taxpayer remedies and the use of voluntary disclosure agreements.
- Obtaining a basic overview of nexus laws under state income/franchise tax as well as sales and use tax.
- Understanding the importance of nexus studies and an organization’s state footprint.
- Obtaining a general understanding of what to expect in 2021 within the State and Local Tax landscape.
- Obtaining insight on state and local tax enforcement initiatives.
Attendees of the live event were eligible to receive one (1) CPE credit.
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Knowledge Level: Basic
CPE Field of Study: Taxes
Event Location: Virtual
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Refund Policy: N/A
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our Global Headquarters at 615-324-8226. Vaco is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org