Kaylee joined the accounting and finance team in July 2012 and has never looked back! As a former Big 4 Accountant and CPA, she uses her industry knowledge and expanding network to specialize in accounting and financial permanent placements as well as business development in the greater Nashville area. The unique opportunities in recruiting, development, and account management offered at Vaco allow her to capitalize on both her technical skills and passion for working with people. Outside of the office, she spends time with family and friends, her favorite of all being her 6-year old niece Harpie!
What is the most rewarding part about working for a recruiting agency?
The most rewarding part about working for Vaco is building and maintaining relationships with clients, candidates, and our own internal team. How lucky am I to have the daily mission and focus to make a positive difference in the situations and circumstances of my clients and candidates?
What characteristics and disciplines do you need to be successful in your role at a staffing firm?
You must be passionate about helping people to be successful in the world of recruiting and business development. This is not something that can be taught or trained, and I am humbled to have the opportunity daily. In addition to a sincere desire to help others, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, ability to listen, and diligent follow-up and follow-through are all key.
Tell us more about your professional background. What led you to pursue a career at a recruitment company?
I joined Vaco in 2012 and have never looked back! Joining this team has been life changing. While I have a CPA and Big 4 public accounting background, I find my joy and purpose in relationships and experiences. Business development and recruiting at Vaco has allowed me to tap into my technical and soft skills in a way that is applicable and unique to my strengths, not to mention incredibly fulfilling and fun.
What is one thing you enjoyed learning since joining Vaco?
I’ve enjoyed learning about my candidates, clients, and teammates. My network is my family, and it has been inspiring and motivating to learn the stories and experiences of so many interesting people.
What would you say are the top five benefits of working at Vaco versus other staffing companies?
1. We have freedom and flexibility. Vaco provides us with all the tools and resources we need to be extremely successful, and at the same time, we are encouraged to do things our own way and with our own style and flair. While we always celebrate the Vaco Outlaw, we focus on collaboration and inclusiveness.
2. Everyone truly has a passion for what they do and genuinely cares about their clients, candidates, and teammates.
3. We have a high-caliber group of likeminded professionals with proven backgrounds in our respective areas of focus, and that really helps us stand out against our competition. For example, we have 10+ former Big 4 teammates in our Nashville office alone.
4. The harder we work, the more it pays off. This payoff is not just seen in uncapped commission. The harder we work, the more people we help.
5. We have fun! We celebrate wins and successes as a team, and we celebrate with our candidates and clients.
What’s one cause or organization you are passionate about?
Vaco introduced me to Safe Haven Family Shelter in 2012, and I have remained involved since then both through Vaco and Junior League. Safe Haven is the only shelter-to-housing program of its kind in Middle Tennessee that accepts the entire homeless family. I enjoy getting to know the families through serving dinner, making crafts, playing basketball, reading books, decorating for the holidays, and more. Two of my favorite events of the year are when our Vaco team decorates the shelter for the holidays and attends the annual dancing fundraiser.
Together, let’s take a professional adventure bigger than we ever imagined. Join our newsletter list for inspiration, motivation, and exploration.
Fill out the form below to get our job seeker resource guides delivered directly to your inbox.