Director of Financial Systems
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Date Posted: January 24, 2013
Vaco is seeking an experienced Director, Financial Systems for our client. The Director of Financial Systems will report to the Chief Accounting Officer. S/he will be an experienced Finance professional with proven technical skills in accounting and reporting, and with the ability to work across constituencies and develop policies and procedures which align to enterprise-wide business strategies. The Director of Financial Systems position is responsible for implementing and maintaining accounting policy as well as providing technical accounting guidance. The ideal person would have extensive experience with Oracle and Hyperion Essbase.
Position Responsibilities for the Director of Financial Systems
- Direct the design/configuration of financial reporting systems
- Create and implement reporting strategy for all financial and operational reporting
- Work with key business leaders to develop and integrate internal and external operating and financial information to deliver actionable management reporting
- Lead and manage monthly, quarterly and year-end systems closing process
- Lead finance team participation in any systems upgrade/conversion activities
- Assist in the development and management of internal control system.
- Day to day management of all aspects of financial systems.
- Develop and implement efficiency initiatives within finance organization.
- Interface with external auditors concerning financial systems and controls.
- Support any acquisition/divestiture reporting requirements
- Participate in or perform ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Provide end-user training for various software packages.
- Supervise staff of 2-3 individuals
- Managing both Oracle and Hyperion Essbase software updates