- Webinar Date: July 28, 2020 @11:00am
The new lease accounting standard, ASC 842, impacts companies of all sizes and industries who have entered into leases. The purpose of the standard is to bring lease obligations to the forefront. Based on our experience working with companies who have already adopted ASC 842, assessing the business impact and implementing the standard can be complex and time consuming.
Whether your company has already adopted the standard or are just beginning to assess the impact, please join MorganFranklin Consulting as experts from our Technical Accounting Solution Center (TASC) hold a panel discussion to share key considerations when managing the implementation of the new lease accounting standard and best practice insights to effectively operationalize the standard.
Topics covered in this on-demand webinar include:
- Recent changes to ASC 842 and accounting for concessions
- Managing your implementation, including practical considerations
- Post-implementation observations and hurdles in operationalizing the standard
- Internal control considerations
- Participants who attend this webinar will be eligible to receive 1 hour of CPE credit in the field of Accounting.
- Understand recent changes to ASC 842 and the FASB Staff Q&A regarding accounting for lease concessions due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify key factors that should be considered when assessing the impact of ASC 842 to your business and adopting the standard
- Understand “lessons learned” to assist in operationalizing ASC 842 in your business environment
- Identify potential adoption and operational internal control risk considerations and mitigation strategies
Delivery Method: Group-Internet
Materials Needed: None
Program Level: Overview
CPE Credits: Up to 1 hour
Advanced Preparation: None
Participants who attended the live webinar were eligible to receive 1 hour of CPE credit in the field of Accounting.
Registration for this event should be completed through this form, or to Learning & Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-794-8168.
This course is offered free of charge for attendees. Cancellations or substitutions are permitted at any time prior to the start of the class. For further information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation, please contact Alison Schuster at 202-770-2860 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Questions can also be directed to Ashley Baquie at 571-282-6909 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MorganFranklin Corporation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.