Sr. Financial Analyst
Industry: Manufacturing and Production
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Date Posted: September 11, 2013
Vaco Financial specializes in the permanent placement of accounting and finance professionals of all levels and industries. We have a team of experienced accounting professionals on staff that makes it their responsibility to educate you on the market, present you with job opportunities to explore, and ensure that the right decision is made regarding your future career. We pride ourselves in providing you with a professional and confidential search. Please visit our website at www.vaco.com to see a sample of the positions we are currently recruiting for.
We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Financial Analyst position for a large, growing company that is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.
- Conducts complex technical analysis to report on future and current financial performance, including analyses on budgets, forecasts, operating results, business plans and investment opportunities.
- Prepare monthly commentary for senior management to explain performance against forecast and prior periods
- Assist in development and measurement of key performance indicators
- Work closely with the Finance team in the monthly review of key Balance Sheet/P&L items
- Performs analysis and reporting of manufacturing costs and variances
- Serve as point person for Commerical Fixed Cost area of the P&L (entails budgeting, forecasting, reporting actual and liaison with budget holders).
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives and updating of budgeting and forecasting policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Finance department staff to assist with sales reporting, pricing and margin analysis
- Perform ad hoc special projects as necessary
- BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3+ years of relevant corporate financial and cost analysis experience
- Advanced analytic skills and the ability to support sound business decisions with solid reports
- Demonstrated advanced computer proficiency, specifically with MS Excel
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and paid time off.
Please send a word.doc version of your resume to email@example.com for review and consideration.