Accounting & Finance Solutions
Vaco Raleigh Accounting & Finance Solutions
Vaco’s accounting and finance team is made up of senior and executive-level industry veterans from public accounting firms and industry. We’ve done the audits, managed compliance with new regulations, and navigated mergers, integrations and other demanding projects.
We get the job done — professionally, efficiently, and on time — because we look beyond professionals who simply meet every “required skill” on a list. We look for the best fit based on skill set, coupled with attitude, dedication, and culture. Our pool of seasoned Consultants working exclusively for Vaco engagements, when coupled with our flexibility to provide a vast network of in-transition talent, makes our impact second to none.
Transformational changes drive our demand
Strategic events, ownership changes, and mergers & acquisitions
Dynamic business and
including ERP systems
ACCOUNTING & COMPLIANCE
Organizations must understand the vast accounting implications behind all critical business decisions in the ever-changing regulatory landscape. Our consultants bring best practices through accounting experience in public accounting and industry to the most challenging engagements, helping our clients work through the accounting of yesterday, to appropriately plan for tomorrow in a more efficient and accurate way.
- Accounting pronouncement implementation
- External reporting
- External audit preparation
- Internal audit & IT audit
- Tax strategy & execution
The most powerful finance organizations have found best-in-practice ways to project the future, through a structured budget and forecast process, financial analysis, data visualization and business intelligence, dashboards, and internal reporting tools. Our consultants have extensive experience helping finance organizations understand the areas of critical importance, including implementing analysis and tools to streamline processes.
Our specialties include:
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Business intelligence
- Capital raising & refinancing
- Management reporting
With growth comes strategic initiatives. From implementing a new enterprise resource planning tool, to providing a layer of project management to a company-wide initiative, to preparing a company for sale and valuing its resources, our consultants have backgrounds in both transaction-intensive and ever-changing technology environments, enabling for a powerful extra set of hands during critical transitions our clients experience.
- Financial software implementation
- Merger and divestiture accounting
- Process re-engineering
- Project management
- Shared service centralization
Solutions for all your accounting and finance needs
Financial Reporting & IPO Support
Our pre-IPO life sciences client needed to prepare for its S-1 filing and to interface with the company’s auditors for both S-1 review and annual audit procedures.
Vaco immediately obtained, reviewed and distributed key items required to the company’s auditors. We also took ownership of specific accounting portions of S-1 preparation in order to assist the Controller. This resulted in efficient S-1 preparation and related review by the Company’s auditors and lawyers, such that the prospectus could have been filed with the SEC quickly and timely.
- Completed and reviewed MD&A and F pages of S01 filing
- Developed a comprehensive SOX Matrix and SOX 404 compliance, including suggesting control risks and populating key assertions met for all controls
- Developed an ERP access matrix, which will be useful for the rest of life as a private company and going into life as a public company
- Liaised between the company and the external auditors for both the IPO quarterly review/S-1 procedures, and the annual financial statement audit (interim and year-end)
- Compiled & reviewed a comprehensive TAM (total addressable market) analysis for S-1 inclusion
- Assisted in compiling and maintaining a slide deck for testing-the-waters meetings with existing and prospective investors
- Maintained the Company’s IPO data room
From startup to enterprise,
we tailor accounting & finance solutions to each client
In the last 5 years, we have
Josh is an equity partner in Vaco Raleigh, and leads the Accounting & Finance division, overseeing both direct hire and consulting practices. Josh joined Vaco in 2013 after nearly six years in Big 4 accounting, and is responsible for client development and management.
JR joined the Accounting & Finance Division of Vaco after 30+ years in Big 4 accounting and industry, the last 20 as Managing Partner of a Raleigh Big 4 accounting and consulting practice. In addition to serving local clients, JR helps Vaco Global partner with his extensive national network across multiple specialty consulting practices.