Sr. Front End Developer
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Date Posted: January 25, 2013
Duration: 3 month contract
Pay: 65-70/hr W2
Work with Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, researchers, product managers and technologists to design and drive product features and innovation to its family of web sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in composing web pages and creating special sections as assigned by site coordinator.
- Work hands on in the development of web applications
- Create and improve table free layouts on assigned sites
- Train and consult new web staff, contractors and freelancers.
- Prototype, develop and maintain new features and enhancements
- Operate as a leader or lead representative among staff, sharing knowledge, training and aiding subordinates and colleagues to benefit department
- Participate in workflow design and analyze existing production and implementation processes in order to ensure overall quality of sites and products.
- Maintain and support existing templates and content production processes.
- Perform web development, template writing, debugging, testing, documentation and installation tasks for online processes in accordance with industry best practices and internal procedures and standards.
- Responsible for task identification, work effort estimates and schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and work with others from a variety of creative disciplines to conceive innovative solutions
- Partner with Web Operations to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to product completion.
- Foster and support collaborative and innovative culture within the development team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to develop web based applications
- Knowledge of AJAX application model
- Knowledge of the Document Object Model
- Ability to work with server side components and applications
- Knowledge of Flash, Flex and ActionScript 3.0